CirclePrinters Holding and Roto Smeets Group announced their intention to merge their activities, by which CPH would acquire the shares and operational activities of RSG, on February 13th of this year. The transaction was still subject to approval by the competition authorities in Austria, advice from the Roto Smeets Group Central Works Council (COR) and final approval by the shareholders of both groups. These conditions have all been met last week.
Peter Andreou, Executive Chairman of CirclePrinters: “Now we have completed the merger of our activities, we’ll start building a strong and leading group that is able to consolidate the European printing & media industry. Our first priority now lies with combining our strengths in order to deliver the best products and services to our customers”.
Joost de Haas, Executive Director of CirclePrinters and CEO of RSG: “With the combination of our complementary strengths we fulfil the long-term desire to lead the consolidation of our industry. I am also pleased that our Central Works Council, with their positive advice on the transaction, have joined us in endorsing this combination. Together with CirclePrinters we are now creating one of the largest printing and media companies in Europe and a strong platform for further consolidation.”
CirclePrinters is a leading European printing group, headquartered in Amsterdam and with operations in Austria (Oberndorfer Druckerei, Salzburg), Belgium (Hélio, Charleroi), Finland (Helprint, Mikkeli), Germany (J. Fink Druck, Ostfildern) and Spain (Impresia Ibérica, Madrid, Toledo and Barcelona). The company employs 1,500 professionals.
Roto Smeets Group is a group of leading graphics media companies in Western Europe, headquartered in Deventer, the Netherlands. The group comprises of two divisions. The print division has its main operations in the Netherlands in Deventer and Weert (as Roto Smeets), Doetinchem (Senefelder Misset) and in Hungary in Celldömölk (Antok). Its marketing communications division in Amstelveen, the Netherlands operates under the main brand MPG. The group employs 1,000 professionals.
For more information please contact: Bert Holtkamp T: +31-6-55380594 E: email@example.com
- Leading European independent printing group, headquartered in Amsterdam
- Operations in Austria (Oberndorfer Druckerei, Salzburg), Belgium (Hélio, Charleroi), Finland (Helprint, Mikkeli), Germany (J. Fink Druck, Ostfildern) and Spain (Impresia Ibérica, Madrid, Toledo and Barcelona)
- Sales Offices in France, Portugal, Russia, Sweden, the Netherlands and United Kingdom
- Efficient and quality solutions for graphic communication's requirement
- Taylor-made solutions for large or small, local or multinational customers in more than 20 countries.
- From Pre-Media services (photography, database management, page lay-out, editorial solutions) to all types of Bindery and Postal services through printing in sheet-fed, web offset or rotogravure technologies
- Employs 1,500 highly-skilled professionals
- One of the leading graphics media companies in Western Europe, headquartered in Deventer, the Netherlands. The group comprises of two divisions
- The printing & publishing division has its main operations in the Netherlands in Deventer and Weert (as Roto Smeets), Doetinchem (Senefelder Misset) and in Hungary (Antok)
- In rotogravure it focuses on customers operating in retail (magazines, brochures, flyers, etc.) and catalogues
- In publishing it supplies cutting edge print solutions and logistics services and innovative digital solutions in online, mobile and tablet publishing. This ensures efficient unlocking and distribution of (digital) content and effective exploitation of magazines and other media channels
- The division for cross-media, communication strategy and content marketing in Amstelveen, the Netherlands operates under the main brand MPG., with a customer portfolio of mainly A-status customers in the business, financial services and retail segments
- Employs 1,000 highly-skilled professionals